Raising Up The Next Generation of Leaders
The Residency is a two-year, full time, post college leadership development program for emerging leaders who feel called to vocational church ministry.
The Ransom Residency Program is a two year, full time leadership training program designed to give hands on experience working with one of the staff teams of the church, personal mentoring and leadership training to equip emerging church leaders for a lifetime of ministry significance.
- Residency start dates vary with availability. Inquire for additional details.
- Residents work approximately 29 hours per week.
- Residents are paid with optional housing for single residents.
Residents gain experience by serving as part of a staff team in one of the ministry departments of the church. The team in which a resident serves is chosen with the resident based on experience, team chemistry and desired ministry future. Below lists the departments at The Ransom in which a resident might serve.
- Ransom Kids – 0-5th grade
- Ransom Teens – middle school/high school
- Creative Arts
- Campus Leadership
“Not only is The Ransom a fantastic church with powerful, Spirit-filled ministry, but The Ransom is also a great training ground for ordination. The Ransom set you up for success in ministry.”
Former Spiritual Formation Resident
- Ministry Experience is what the residency is all about. The purposes of the residency is to ensure that the residents have the leadership capacity and know-how to effectively and competently lead as a pastor. In order to do this, residents need significant and real-life ministry experience.
- Ministry Coaching works in conjunction with Ministry Experience. Ministry Coaching also overlaps with Personal Development. Two times per month the resident coach will meet one on one to discuss ministry with the resident. The purpose of the Ministry Coaching meeting is to ensure that the resident is growing in ministry competence during the residency.
- Personal Development is similar to Ministry Coaching but is also quite different. Personal Development is more about who the resident is than what the resident does. Two times per month the Personal Development coach will meet one on one with each resident. The purpose of this meeting is to ensure that the resident is growing as a person and as a Christian during the residency.
- The Leadership Training curriculum is unpacked during a weekly training meeting and gives valuable insight into different types of leadership. The Leadership Training curreculum covers self leadership, relational leadership and organizational leadership.
- Being part of a winning team is contagious. Residents benefit greatly from being invited into a staff and church culture that is thriving and health. Within this context they pick up nuances and attitudes that contribute to longevity as a pastor.
- This is a formal evaluation process that gives feedback to the resident as well as to the resident coach about the residency and the resident’s readiness for pastoral ministry. While the evaluation process is an important tool in its own right, it also serves a “catch” for any development issues that have been inadvertently overlooked in the other components.
“The leadership training and hands-on experience that takes place are both humbling and empowering for the young leader.”
Former Creative Arts Resident
MEET OUR CURRENT RESIDENTS!
Interested in learning more?
Email email@example.com or call 605-339-3733
Ready to apply now?