At the Ransom Church, Serving Free of Self is one of our three core values. We believe that finding your specific role within God’s body is vital as a Christ follower. For that reason, we don’t try to ‘fill positions’ of need. We try to help you discover who God created you to be and unleash your skills, gifts, and passions.
Check out the number of opportunities to serve!
- Nursery (0-3 years old)
- Ransom Kids (PreK – 5th grade)
- Ransom Teens (6th – 12th grade)
- Guest Services (greeters, ushers, coffee hosts)
- Life Groups (hosting, leading)
- Prayer Team (At home, before services, alter calls)
- Restore Team (intercessory prayer team by appointment)
- Connections Team (connecting with guests)
- Administration Team (office work, data input, numbers)
- Worship Team (singer, musician, artist)
- Creativity Team (set design, artistic elements)
- A/V Team (lights, computers, sound, doo-hickeys)
- The Loop (hospital & nursing home visits, prison ministry)
- Marriage Mentors
- Pastoral Care
- Volunteering with Hawthorne Elementary
- Facilities Team (set up, tear down, maintenance)
- Cleaning Team
- The Closet
- Car Ministry
Interested in SERVING FREE at the Ransom? Everything we do on a weekly basis is in large part handled by our amazing volunteers. We’d love to help you find meaningful ways to serve free of self.
If you’d like to learn more about any of these volunteer areas, click here!
Don’t know where to start? We’d love to help you find your ministry fit. Take 15-20 minutes to complete our SHAPE Test. When you’ve completed it, we’ll be in touch with you. We’d love to get to know you, hear your story, and consider the ways God might use your spiritual gifts, passions, abilities, personality, and experiences to reach others with the truth and love of Jesus Christ.