At The Ransom Church, Serving Free of Self is one of our three core values. We believe that finding your specific role to serve in God’s body is vital in our role as Christ followers. For that reason, we don’t try to ‘fill positions’ of need. We try to help you discover who God created you to be and unleash your skills in the areas that you are gifted in.
In order to know where you fit, you need to know your SHAPE. SHAPE stands for Spiritual Gifts, Heart, Abilities, Personality, and Experience. We have designed 15-20 minute assessment to help you address those key areas. When you’re done, our team will be in contact with you to talk about your SHAPE and finding your ministry fit here at The Ransom.
Click on your campus below to find your SHAPE!
Already know your SHAPE?
We have a handy way for you to let us know where you’re interested in plugging in. Simply follow the link below and check the boxes for the ministries that you are interested in serving with, and a leader from that department will be in contact with you.
Click here to get connected!
Check out some of our ministry areas
- Guest Services (Greeters, Ushers, Coffee Hosts)– Guest Services exists to love on our guests. If you enjoy hospitality and having conversations with people, helping them feel welcomed, this may be a great fit for you!
- Connections Team– The Connections Team exists to create an environment of welcome for new attenders at The Tour, as well as to follow up with people who are interested in getting more involved at The Ransom, or who have recently made commitments to Christ.
- Ransom Nursery (0-3 years old)– Holding babies, reading stories. So much more than babysitting, it’s a chance to pray for and nurture our young ones! (All of our ministries with children require a background check.)
- Ransom Kids (PreK-5th grade)– Teach in a classroom environment class projects, or just be a helper in a classroom. There are also check-in rolls, and other areas that don’t require you to even like kids! But if you do, this is the place for you. (All of our ministries with children require a background check.)
- Ransom Teens (Mid High and Senior High)– Ministry to middle school and high school students within our Ransom Teens ministry program. If you love teens and want to make a huge impact in their life, this ministry may be for you! (All of our ministries with children require a background check)
- Life Groups (Hosting, Leading) – Life Groups are our primary means of discipleship. If you like having people into your home, or teaching from the Bible, this could be a great are for you to serve in.
- Office Team (Office Work, Data Input, Numbers)– If you are detail oriented, love graphs and charts and data entry and have some time to invest, you are incredible valuable to our office team!
- Restore Team– Restore is an interactive prayer ministry that helps people process and heal through the pain of their past. Click here to read more.
- Prayer Team– Prayer is the backbone of the church. If you are passionate about prayer, or would like to be, join this team. You can pray at home, together during services, and/or help during alter calls or other times during our services.
- Worship Team (Singers, Musicians)– If you are gifted in making music or helping create an atmosphere of worship this team may be for you! Auditions are required.
- Creativity Team (Set Design, Artistic Elements)– Are you an artist/ creator at heart? Whether your gift is music, photography, painting, or any other creative element, this team would be a way for you to perhaps express you art through service and worship.
- A/V Team (Lights, Computers, Sound)– Technical. Computers. Dry sense of humor. The sound booth is a place few can venture. Perhaps you are one of them?
- Pastoral Care Team– Hospital visits, nursing home visits and prison ministry. Pastoral Care team is a Ransom ministry that serves outside our walls.
- The Closet– We open our building quarterly to the community to allow people in need to shop for quality clothing for no cost. We have great opportunities to serve by folding clothes, assisting in set up and tear down, and helping people shop on the day of the event.
- Car Ministry– This ministry supplies quality used cars to those who otherwise could not afford one. The car ministry is looking for people who are gifted with mechanical abilities and can do maintenance and minor repairs so we can ensure that the vehicles we give are safe and reliable.
- Meals on Me– This ministry provides meals for those who’ve experienced a loss, or to families who have recently welcomed new children.
- Marriage Mentors– The Ransom provides marriage mentoring to every couple who chooses to be married by one of our pastors. Have a heart for strong marriages? This ministry may be for you!