RANSOM TEENS PASTOR
The Ransom Church is excited to announce an opening for a part-time Ransom Teens Pastor for our South Campus. We’re looking for the right person to join our hard-working, fun, and passionate team as we follow God’s call to set captives free in Sioux Falls and our surrounding communities.
THE RANSOM IS AN EXCITING PLACE TO SERVE, FOR A NUMBER OF REASONS:
- We are a young church—only 8 years old—but have grown rapidly into a dynamic, multi-site church with two campuses and a third in the works.
- We have a meaningful ministry among people of all socioeconomic levels. We are a church where a homeless man and a CEO may be found kneeling together in prayer. It’s a beautiful thing!
- We are devoted to “setting captives free,” and this takes place in many ways—whether it’s people in our jail ministry giving their lives to Christ or baptizing over 50 people in one weekend! This mission drives everything we do and we’re excited to say that God is making it happen.
- We’re a church that isn’t afraid to fail. If you can’t handle failure and are afraid to take risks, you probably won’t enjoy it here! We love taking risks and we value creativity – though that does mean we don’t get it right all the time.
- Our gatherings are real, raw, and relational. People come as they are but are challenged to move closer to God. Our worship expressions are creative and heartfelt. We are a church that loves to worship!
DEFINING THE WIN:
To equip teens to live out our core values in their everyday lives: worship free of inhibition, live free of sin, and serve free of self.
The Ransom Teens Pastor will oversee the development of programming for teens, with a view to coordinate at necessary points with our children’s staff. This will include planning and leading Life Rallies, small groups, mission trips, camps, and other events, as well as equipping and releasing volunteer leaders.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Be both relationally focused AND administratively diligent
- Be a leader of leaders and a developer of people
- Set up teens AND their parents for success
- Teach God’s word in a transformational way
- Be a student of teenage culture
- Communicate timeless truths in creative ways
- Think “we” over “me”
- Understand that teens are the church of TODAY, not tomorrow
- See youth ministry as a calling, not a “stepping stone”
We are not looking for the best youth pastor. Rather, we are looking for the best fit to our culture—someone who can carry the vision of The Ransom and see it implemented incarnationally among teens in our community. If that’s you, then we’d love to get to know you!
WHO IS THE RANSOM CHURCH?
The Bible says that Jesus Christ came to give his life as a Ransom for many.
As a church we hold firm to three core values:
- Worship Free of Inhibition
- Live Free of Sin
- Serve Free of Self
Since 2009, it has been our mission to set captives free. We want to leave no corner of our community untouched by the very real power of Jesus Christ. We seek to be a church who meets with God without anything getting in the way, who holds one another accountable and does life together in community, and who serves wholeheartedly with passion and practicality.
Click here to view what we believe.
LOCATION AND DEMOGRAPHICS:
- Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Church Size: 2100+
- Church Age: 8 years old
- Denomination: Wesleyan
- Why Sioux Falls is a great place to live
- Distance to:
- Rushmore | 368 miles
- Wall Drug | 292 miles
- Minneapolis, MN | 246 miles
- Omaha, NE | 185 miles
- Kansas City, MO | 363 miles
OTHER HELPFUL LINKS:
- Cover letter
- Anything that can give us a sense of who you are—videos, recordings, writings, website, etc.