We are excited to announce that The Ransom Church is looking for a part-time Ransom Kids Director (birth – 5th grade) to join our team! This person will lead our children’s ministry at the new South Campus (opening this fall) in order to cultivate an environment where captives are set free.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
The Ransom Church is an exciting place to serve, for a number of reasons:
- We aren’t what many people think of when “church” comes to mind. We started in a movie theater, but now we meet in an old, renovated warehouse in downtown Sioux Falls. Our new South Campus will be in a renovated gymnastics/dance studio in Southern Sioux Falls.
- We have a dynamic ministry among people of all socioeconomic levels. We are a church where a homeless man and a CEO may be kneeling together in prayer. It’s a beautiful thing!
- We are devoted to “setting captives free,” and this takes place in many ways—whether it’s people in our jail ministry giving their lives to Christ or baptizing over 50 people in one weekend! This mission drives everything we do and we’re excited to say that God is doing it.
- We’re a church that isn’t afraid to fail. If you can’t handle failure and are afraid to take risks, you probably won’t enjoy it here! We are not afraid to take huge God lead risks and value creativity – though that does mean we don’t get it right all the time.
- Our gatherings are real, raw, and relational. People come as they are but are challenged to move closer to God.
If you like what you’ve read so far, please know that the successful candidate will:
- Have a vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Be a leader and developer of people. We are looking for someone to “work themselves out of a job” by empowering others. When this happens, this person becomes the most valuable person on the team!
- Take risks. We are all about unleashing the creative potential of the people in our church. That means getting messy and trying new things. The successful candidate will be someone who dreams big dreams and sees them through.
- Be organized. This position will lead 25+ volunteers from the beginning and will grow over time.
- Have a heart for the lost. The Ransom exists to set captives free. That means that the Ransom Kids Director will create environments that are both nurturing for believers, but also hospitable for those who don’t know Jesus.
If these things describe you, then we’d really love to meet you! Please apply today!
WHO IS THE RANSOM CHURCH?
The Bible says that Jesus Christ came to give his life as a ransom for many.
As a church we hold firm to three core values:
- Worship Free of Inhibition
- Live Free of Sin
- Serve Free of Self
Since 2009, it has been our mission to set captives free. We want to leave no corner of our community untouched by the very real power of Jesus Christ. We seek to be a church who meets with God without anything getting in the way, who holds one another accountable and does life together in community, and who serves wholeheartedly with passion and practicality. The Ransom Church is community- focused, socially-active, and in the last year we saw 618 salvations, 95 baptisms, and had an overall average onsite attendance increase of 11%. We also are a multi-site church that has two campuses with more on the way.
Click here TO VIEW WHAT WE BELIEVE.
WHY IS THE CHILDREN’S MINISTRY DIRECTOR POSITION A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- Your leading people to use their gifts to worship God, serve His church, and reach the lost.
- We are a growing church, moving into an ever-expanding multi-site model.
- You will be apart of launching the new South Campus.
- Teaching children about Jesus is one of the most important things the church does.
- Training and coaching others to lead people to Christ.
- Ability to let vision run wild and imagine new possibilities and ways of doing things.
- Front row seat to see how Jesus is transforming lives.
Does all this sound interesting to you? Could YOU be a great fit for The Ransom Church? If your answer is “Yes, let’s take the next step,” email Cody Tupps, South Campus Pastor, at Cody.Tupps@theransomchurch.org. Please include in your resume and a current photo. Resumes will be accepted through August 15, 2016 but we expect to make a selection before that date.