who should consider residency?
The residency is designed to provide a hands on ministry experience for those who are called to vocational ministry. Ideally, applicants will have a college education, some ministry experience and are looking to develop ministry and leadership skills.
what ministry team will i serve on?
The team in which the resident serves is chosen with the resident based on experience, team chemistry, and desired ministry future. Some of the teams the resident might serve on include:
Ransom Kids – 0-5th grade
Ransom Teens – Middle School / High School
Creative Arts & Worship
when does the residency program begin?
Residency start dates vary with availability. Inquire for more details.
how many hours a week does a resident work?
Approximately 29 hours per week are set for program involvement.
residents are given a month stipend.
Residents are given a monthly stipend of $1,000. A Housing Partnership is available with ApartmentLife for qualified applicants.
- Gain the leadership capacity and know-how to effectively and competently lead as a pastor.
- Receive significant and real-life ministry experience.
- Qualifies as supervised ministry towards Wesleyan Ordination.
- 1 on 1 coaching in ministry skills
- Receive practical feedback within their current tasks and assignments to grow in ministry competence.
- Equipping you for life and leadership transformation
- On your growth as a follower of Jesus.
Weekly pastoral leadership training covering self-leadership, relational leadership, and organizational leadership.
culture + DNA.
- Grow and work with a dynamic team
- Exposure to the nuances and attitudes of a thriving staff and church culture.
- Collaboration between kingdom-minded churches that challenge you to contextualize your learning environments.